lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Bonn <j0nyb...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject SpanNearQuery with support for missing words
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 09:41:27 GMT
Hello folks !

I'm looking for a way to search for a phrase, where in
I shud get a hit even if some (N) words in the query
phrase is not matching or even not inorder, i.e. it
shud match maximum to the query string. I also need to
get the Spans for the hits for highlighting.

SpanNearQuery is quite helpful with inorder set to
false and for getting the spans.  Is it possible to
modify SpanNearQuery, so that it wud return the spans
of the max match string ??

---> The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Query : quick brainy fox

it should give me <quick brown fox>...

We can prolly (must) have a parameter for N, the
number of term mismatches allowed. It will surely be
helpful in search also...

Any thoughts ??

Regards...

Jonny !