lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: TermQuery doesn't support non-english charecters
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2006 10:56:01 GMT

On Jul 8, 2006, at 3:54 PM, dan2000 wrote:
> When non-English word is used in TermQuery, it always returns null.
> With
> other types query, I could pass in an language specific analyzer.
> but with
> this TermQuery, I can't find anyway to specify the language.

What other types of queries are you referring to?   No built-in Query
subclass uses an analyzer.  All terms handed to these Querys must
"pre analyzed", such that they match how terms were indexed.  You can
always run through an analyzer to build up queries, just like
QueryParser does.  Look at AnalyzerDemo (or is it AnalysisDemo?) in
the Lucene in Action codebase which does this, as well as the
internals to QueryParser.

	Erik