lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Charlie <charlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re[4]: Span Query NLE
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 01:26:04 GMT
Thanks Erik,

"surround" query parser is surely interesting to me.

I really wish surround.txt could explain more in detail and add more
examples, especially in its test cases, it will be very instrumental
to add similar test cases like what
org.apache.lucene.queryParser.TestQueryParser offered and show
assertQueryEquals().

Anyways, so what's the proper interpretation of the following:

         3w(a?a or bb?, cc+)

can "surround" be nested

    3w(4n(a?a AND bb?) AND cc+)

And have you seen/written examples to actually use "surround" query
parser? (not the proprietary one you have mentioned.) I am currently
looking at the package, not much doc to read though.

--
Best regards,
 Charlie

---