lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Prichard <michael_prich...@mac.com>
Subject Building easy to use search guis? How to save queries...
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 03:00:04 GMT
Not sure if anyone out is doing this, thought about doing this or is just plain curious.  I
want to figure out a way to build a search/rule gui's whereas the user can build searches
much like building rules in some mail clients such as outlook or thunderbird.  For example,
the user could use drop downs and text fields to build something like:

IF CONTENT MATCHES "aliens" THEN DO SOMETHING

Importantly lucene would be used to match "content" for "aliens" and then something would
happen.  Going the other way, I need to be able to produce the statement in the GUI as represented.

SO, should I build an XML representation of what I need and parse that?  Is there something
out there already doing something similar?  Ideas?

Thanks,
Michael