lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Van Nguyen" <vngu...@ur.com>
Subject RE: RangeQuery question?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:58:58 GMT
Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 12:47 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: RangeQuery question?

1) RangeQuery is the devil, don't use it.  If I weren't so lazy I would
change the javadocs for RangeQuery so that sentence was the class
summary.
Takes a look at RangeFilter or ConstantScoreRangeQuery.

2) it's not clear what exactly you want your example to mean ... perhaps
you mean you want to match all docs with a field of "startDate
greater then "20060710" and a field of "endDate" less then "20060711",
in
which case what you want to do is make a BooleanQuery containing two
ConstantScoreRangeQueries -- one on the startDate and one on the
endDate.
... If that's not what you mean, then I don't understand your question.

: Is there a RangeQuery equivalent that can query date range on two
: different fields?
:
:
:
: Term startTerm = new Term("startDate", "20060710");
:
: Term endTerm = new Term("endDate", "20060711");
:
:
:
: RangeQuery q = new RangeQuery(startTerm, endTerm, true);

-Hoss