lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Van Nguyen" <vngu...@ur.com>
Subject question regarding Field.Index.UN_TOKENZED
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:56:16 GMT
I'm storing a field in an index with that option
(Field.Index.UN_TOKENZIED).

The String that is being stored is: NORTH SAFETY PRODUCT (all uppercase)

When I try a wildcard query against that field, it only produces results
if the query term is capitalized.

I'm using the StandardAnalyzer class as my analyzer.  I've also tried
using the KeywordAnalyzer, but that doesn't return the results I was
looking for.

Is there an analyzer that tokenizes the whole field and is not case
sensitive or is there a way to store a term with the UN_TOKENIZED option
(needs to be UN_TOKENIZED for sorting purposes) and search against that
field ignoring the case?