lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Van Nguyen" <>
Subject RE: BooleanQuery question
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:51:51 GMT
That worked... thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael D. Curtin []
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: BooleanQuery question

Van Nguyen wrote:

> I just want results that have:
> ID: 1234 OR 2344 OR 2323
> This query returns everything from my index.  How would I create a
> that will only return results the must have LOCATION and LANGUAGE and
> have only those three IDs.

I think you'll need to put the three ID-based TermQuerys into a
sub-BooleanQuery instead of the top-level query.  Something like this:

BooleanQuery subquery = new BooleanQuery();
subquery.add(term1, BooleanClause.Occur.Should);
subquery.add(term2, BooleanClause.Occur.Should);
subquery.add(term3, BooleanClause.Occur.Should);
query.add(subquery, BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);

Good luck!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: