lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhao, Xin" <xzh...@jhmi.edu>
Subject lengthnorm again
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:37:10 GMT
Hi,
I am sure this is a question been asked before. :-) I have done some research too, but still
don't quite understand. I indexed 20 terms under field name "mesh", and set the boost accordingly
from 20 to 1.(just some arbitrary numbers) But when I checked the index from Luke, the boosts
all appear to be 1. I saw the pervious post said it is because the boost shows in Luke is
the product of index-time boost and lengthnorm. But if it is the case, aren't they supposed
to be different instead of value "1"? I guess I still don't fully understand 'lengthnorm".
Thank you,
Xin