lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dejan Nenov" <dejanne...@jollyobject.com>
Subject Are Search Joins Possible between two Physically separate Indexes?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:38:28 GMT
Here is a use case I am trying to address.

I have two separate indexes, which contain sets of the same document
pool/corpus.
The two indexes have a different set of indexed fields.
One of the indexed fields is an external DocumentID.

I would like to perform searches, like a relational join, expressing:

"Return all fields (from both indexes) for document-ids that exist in both
indexes and where field-X in Index-1 contains "foo" and field-Y in Index-2
contains "bar".

How would you approach this. Do we need to handle the join logic ourselves,
or is there an API Approach - possibly around MultiSearcher, that is meant
to address this use case?

Dejan