lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Patricio" <gal...@gmx.de>
Subject AW: Location Search: Latitude + Longitude
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2006 08:32:21 GMT
Hi,
In the Book "Lucene in Action" Chapter 6 "Extending search", there is an
example for indexing geographical information, and order the search results
based on distances between 2 points (x,y)->(y,z).
I think that it could be interesting for you.
Patricio

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Giesen Giesen [mailto:giesen2@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 8. Juli 2006 18:55
An: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Location Search: Latitude + Longitude

How do I do distance based searches with Lucene? I can do this in SQL
with longitude/latitude values, but can this be done in Lucene?

I can't do my full search in the database as I want the fast fuzzy
search capabilities of Lucene.  It is possible to do the main search
in Lucene and then do post filtering on distance outside of Lucene.
Does anyone have a better idea? How are other people handling this?
This seems a common task.