lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dejan Nenov" <dejanne...@jollyobject.com>
Subject RE: Building easy to use search guis? How to save queries...
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 05:08:42 GMT
Michael -

Please take a look at our MakeTime UI here: http://www.maketime.com
It is in fact Lucene on the back end - albeit very hard to tell :)

Dejan

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Prichard [mailto:michael_prichard@mac.com]
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 8:00 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Building easy to use search guis? How to save queries...

Not sure if anyone out is doing this, thought about doing this or is just
plain curious.  I want to figure out a way to build a search/rule gui's
whereas the user can build searches much like building rules in some mail
clients such as outlook or thunderbird.  For example, the user could use
drop downs and text fields to build something like:

IF CONTENT MATCHES "aliens" THEN DO SOMETHING

Importantly lucene would be used to match "content" for "aliens" and then
something would happen.  Going the other way, I need to be able to produce
the statement in the GUI as represented.

SO, should I build an XML representation of what I need and parse that?  Is
there something out there already doing something similar?  Ideas?

Thanks,
Michael