lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Taylor <jonathan.tay...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Restricting search space to a large number of ids
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:14:13 GMT
Hi,

I have an index of 3 million documents.  Document id is stored but not
indexed and document contents is indexed but not stored.

Searches are quite slow, but for each document I have a list of 50,000 or
so relevent documents.  I would like lucene to only search in these?  I
can see I can restrict search to a single id using a filter, but it looks
like I will have to use 50,000 filter objects.  Something tells me this
will make things slower, rather than better.

Will this work?... Any ideas?
Jon.