lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aleksander M. Stensby" <aleksander.sten...@integrasco.no>
Subject Re: How to Integrate the WordNet Synonym Index with my Index
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:29:46 GMT
What about the scoring worries you?

I would say this is the best approach, and also the suggest approach over
at the lucene wordnet page:
http://www.tropo.com/techno/java/lucene/wordnet.html

Of course, you could say that matches on the original search should return
with a higher score. You could individually boost the original terms
searched for.
That would in general be like searching for

"car^2 automobile bmw" ... or something like that.

But, as I said, i have not yet implemented wordnet myself, but that would
be my initial ideas on an approach.

--
Aleksander M. Stensby
Software Developer