lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aleksander M. Stensby" <aleksander.sten...@integrasco.no>
Subject Re: Removing document from index
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:58:17 GMT
My bet is that after updating /appending to an index, the searcher object
used also need to be updated, so that it will work agains the new snapshot
of the index.

See http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/UpdatingAnIndex

1. keep a single open IndexReader used by all searches

2. Every few minutes, process updates as follows:

   a. open a second IndexReader

   b. delete all documents that will be updated

   c. close this IndexReader, to flush deletions

   d. open an IndexWriter

   e. add all documents that are updated

   f. close the IndexWriter

   g. replace the IndexReader used for searches (1, above)

'

--
Aleksander M. Stensby
Software Developer