lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Aggregating category hits
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:34:22 GMT
On 6/9/06, Peter Keegan <peterlkeegan@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, my throughput testing shows that the Solr method is at least 50%
> faster than mine. I'm seeing a big win with the use of the HashDocSet for
> lower hit counts. On my 64-bit platform, a MAX_SIZE value of 10K-20K seems
> to provide optimal performance.

Interesting... how many documents are in your collection?
It would prob be nice to make the HashDocSet cutt-off dynamic rather than fixed.
Are you using Solr, or just some of it's code?

>  I'm looking forward to trying this with
> OpenBitSet.

I checked in the OpenBitSet changes today.  I imagine this will lower
the optimal max HashDocSet size for performance a little.  You might
not see much performance improvement if most of the intersections
involved a HashDocSet... the OpenBitSet improvements only kick in with
bitset<->bitset intersection counts.

-Yonik