lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Beady Geraghty" <beadygerag...@gmail.com>
Subject merge index from different platform
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:23:19 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to merge in index from a different node and probably different
platform.

I tried some simple cases by copying an index created from a windows
machine,
and bring to a linux server.  I seem to be able to search from this index
that
is copied over.  I would therefore assume that I can merge.

I don't see anywhere that says that this cannot and should not be done.

I tried to look at the segments file, thinking that it points to the various
other
files in the index directory, but I don't seem to know how to read it. It
doesn't
contains the file names of the file in the index directory.

Could someone please let me know if I am going down the wrong path, and
if there is something else I can do if I am on the wrong track.

Thank you in advance.