lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From heritrix.lucene <heritrix.luc...@gmail.com>
Subject How to do pagination on fethed result using lucene...
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 04:30:52 GMT
Hi all,
I have built an small application that give some thousand results. I want to
display results as google displays using pagination.
Here my question is, how I'll maintain the sequence of displayed result.

Should i associate the "Hits" object along with the session.

Assume i want to display 10 results on a page. So if the user requests for
the second page since i have the page number, i 'll simply find the id of
pages starting from 11 and ends at 20 then I'll request hits to get me those
documents. And finally I'll put them into some data structure and will
forward to my jsp, which'll iterate over that and display the results.

This is my naive approach for this problem. Is there any other better
approach for this.
I'll be please to receive your responses.

With Regards.........