lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Phrase Frequency For Analysis
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:11:20 GMT

: > I am trying to get the most frequently occurring phrases in a document and
: > in the index as a whole.  The goal is compare the two to get something like
: > Amazon's SIPs.

: Other than indexing the phrases directly, you could use a SpanNearQuery
: over the words, use getSpans() on its SpanScorer and count the number
: of times next() on this Spans returns true.

I think either you missunderstood Nader's question or I did: I belive the
goal is to determine what the most frequently occuring phrases are -- not
determine how frequently a particular input phrase appears.

-Hoss