lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: How to do pagination on fethed result using lucene...
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 07:39:38 GMT

: I have built an small application that give some thousand results. I want to
: display results as google displays using pagination.
: Here my question is, how I'll maintain the sequence of displayed result.
:
: Should i associate the "Hits" object along with the session.

assuming your application is web based, the general concesus is to start
by implimening your app so that each page reexecutes the search, and then
accesses the docs it cares about ... if you find that it's inefficient for
your needs in some way, investigate sessoin caching  -- but it's
frequently fast enough as is.

-Hoss