lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Document design and analyzer questions?
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:02:12 GMT

: I will have millions of entries in my index.  Would storing them cause
: any performance issues?

only testing will tell ... but generally speaking i don't think stored
affect query performance very much -- just disk usage.

: >another important thing you should consider is field norms: they don't
: >make sense for most date fields or numeric fields, or fields where the
: >length is fairly irrelevant (ie: email addresses, guids, document types)

: What do you mean?

Check the archives and/or LIA for what a field norm is .. then look at
using Field.setOmitNorm to disable them for fields where you don't
want/need them.

-Hoss