lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: How can I tell Lucene to also use analyzer for Keyword fields
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 07:12:44 GMT

: It seems anaylzers are never get called for UnTokenized fields(Seems no luck
: either using PerFieldAnalyzer).

The label "tokenized" is somewhat missleading .. it assumes that your
analyzer will do some tokenizing (which it doesn't have to do in the case
of the KeywordAnalyzer).  The best thing to do is equate "tokenize ==
analyzed" in your mind when reading any of the Field methods/constants.

Which makes this question kind of meaningless..

: What should I do, If I would like to use analyzer for Untokenized fields.
: Lets say for Keyword or Unstored fields.
:
: I basically would like to use lucene Sort functionality on UnTokenized
: fields which needs some analyzation at indexing time.

Index your fields as "TOKENIZED" but choise an analyzer that doesn't do
any tokenizing (something that uses the KeywordTokenizer)

-Hoss