lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Aggregating category hits
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:12:50 GMT

: A can tell you a little bit about ours... on one CNET faceted browsing
: implementation using Solr, the number of facets to check per request
: average somewhere between 100 and 200 (the total number of unique
: facets is much larger though).  The median request time is 3ms (and I
: don't think the majority of that time is calculating set
: intersections).

I've also posted some other numbers for a differnet CNET page which
doesn't seem very "faceted" but actually does many more DocSet
intersections to rank categories (1500-2000 per request), and does a
lot more complicated main search queries (really big nested
Boolean/DisjunctionMax/Phrase queries).  The average request time there
was 30ms ... but more importantly (to me and the people i work with
anyway) the 99.9th percentile was only 456ms

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceData

(note: this was before the OpenBitSet changes Yonik just commited)

-Hoss