lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Adding Fields to Documents with UnStored Fields - crazy scheme?
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 21:29:29 GMT

: > fileID twice .. if you mean you want the list of fileIDs that match
: > both
: > clauses, you're not going to get any results back -- because no doc
: > with a
: > contents field is going to have a title field, and no doc with a title
: > field is going to have a contents field.
: I'd want both clauses, so I'd have to write a Parser to make sure
: queries would get split up into the two different indices, right?
: Something to take "contents:germany title:medicine", send the
: "contents:germany" query to the IndexSearcher operating over the
: existing index, and the "title:medicine" query to the IndexSearcher
: operating over my new index. The Searchers get their results, I
: return the fileIDs in both.
:
: Or is that just nuts?

In my opinion: yes.  But I'm not the one that has to do the work, and i'm
not in a position to judge how much work is involved compared to the
amount of work needed to rebuild your index.

-Hoss