lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: query parser field name aliases
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:41:16 GMT

: There is a problem with this. Java does not allow multiple inheritance
: and there are other subclasses of QueryParser. Perhaps I can fix it with
: a decorator instead.

you might be able to go with a Delegator/Wrapper .. subclass QueryParser
to inherit the grammer, override all of the normal methods you override in
a subclass to include your field aliasing, but instead of defering to
super defer to another instance of QueryParser specified at runtime.

I haven't thought through all the implications of wether it will work that
easily though .. there's a lot more intra-class "" calls in
Queryparser then in something like Similarity that may make the Delegator
approach problamatic.

Honestly: QueryParser is such a mess, you may just want to roll your own
from scratch.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message