lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Per-token weighting / attribute data in index
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:47:10 GMT
:
: A simple example would be indexing and scoring the hyperlink text from
: other web pages that point to the page P that I'm indexing/scoring.  I
: might have some metric saying how much I "trust" each of the pages or
: sites with hyperlinks to P, and want to use that metric to increase or

Hmmm... yes, other then having a "trustedAnchorText" field and an
"untrustedAnchorText" field i don't know any way way to achieve your goal
at the moment.

You may want to check out the java-dev list ... there's been some talk
among the people who really unerstand the low levels of lucene's file
formats about adding arbitrary "payload" data with each term/doc pair .. a
proposal that started (as far as i can tell) from a desire to have
individual term/doc boosting...

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/FlexibleIndexing
http://www.nabble.com/Lucene-Planning-t1694958.html#a4646533

-Hoss