lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Lucene in Action
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:19:22 GMT

It's an invaluable book if you're new to Lucene. There have been some
changes to the Lucene API since the book was published but you shouldn't
let this put you off - they're relatively minor. I think Lucene In Action
v2.0 might be a little while in coming (checkout Otis' blog
Paul I.

             Sent by: news                                              To
             rg>                                                        cc
             06/06/2006 10:59          Lucene in Action
             Please respond to

Does everyone recommend getting this book? I'm just starting out with
Lucene and like to have a book beside me as well as the web / this
mailing list, but the book looks quite old now, has a 1-2 month delivery
wait time here in the UK and is quite expensive. Is it worth waiting for
a new edition perhaps?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: