lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bob Arens <li...@absent-error.net>
Subject Re: Adding Fields to Documents with UnStored Fields - crazy scheme?
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 19:28:33 GMT
> : That kinda would be the point - "contents:germany" would get the
> same
> : fileIDs, but "contents:germany title:medicine" would (hopefully)
> give
> : us a more specific query.
>
> when you say "contents:germany title:medicine" i'm not sure if you are
> assuming that both clauses are mandatory or optional ... if they are
> optional then yeah you can do that, and in some cases you'll get
> the same
> fileID twice .. if you mean you want the list of fileIDs that match
> both
> clauses, you're not going to get any results back -- because no doc
> with a
> contents field is going to have a title field, and no doc with a title
> field is going to have a contents field.
I'd want both clauses, so I'd have to write a Parser to make sure
queries would get split up into the two different indices, right?
Something to take "contents:germany title:medicine", send the
"contents:germany" query to the IndexSearcher operating over the
existing index, and the "title:medicine" query to the IndexSearcher
operating over my new index. The Searchers get their results, I
return the fileIDs in both.

Or is that just nuts?