lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mordo, Aviran (EXP N-NANNATEK)" <aviran.mo...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: about PrefixQuery Matching
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:13:58 GMT
The query should be test*

The brackets will be eliminated by the analyzer

Aviran

http://www.aviransplace.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Flik Shen [mailto:Flik_Shen@infosys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 6:07 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: about PrefixQuery Matching

When I study PrefixQuery, I found a problem.

For example search string: test(*)

This could match testX, testX...X, but not to match test only.

Is it real problem?

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ***************** This e-mail
contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further,
you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents
to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may
contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as
a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own
virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves
the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or
from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address
may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.