lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mordo, Aviran (EXP N-NANNATEK)" <aviran.mo...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: How can I tell Lucene to also use analyzer for Keyword fields
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:19:51 GMT
What you are asking is not possible. The whole purpose of the analyzer
is to tokenize the fields, so if you want them to be tokenized don't use
the Keyword fields. If you want to use both tokenized and untokenized
just create another filed that will be tokenized.

Aviran

http://www.aviransplace.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramana Jelda [mailto:ramana.jelda@ciao-group.com]
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 12:18 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: How can I tell Lucene to also use analyzer for Keyword fields

Hi,
It seems anaylzers are never get called for UnTokenized fields(Seems no
luck either using PerFieldAnalyzer).

What should I do, If I would like to use analyzer for Untokenized
fields.
Lets say for Keyword or Unstored fields.

I basically would like to use lucene Sort functionality on UnTokenized
fields which needs some analyzation at indexing time.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Jelda