lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "yueyu lin" <popeye...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use one or more indexes?
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:45:23 GMT
What's search engine?
There's an inverted index table.

Key----> Document

Only key, the document will be anything you like.

You can use different key for different document.

Lucene is not relational database, no column. Different document may have
different fields.

Another thing you must know is that Lucene is a tool kit, you have to use it
to implment your application.
You can never user Lucene to finish any task without any your own efforts.