lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "varun sood" <vso...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: duplicate results MultiFieldQueryParser
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:49:07 GMT

> A few thoughts...
>
> 1> are you sure you only indexed the document once? If you indexed the
> same
> data multiple times, you'll have duplicate documents, each of which will
> have a different Lucene ID (i.e. doc()).

Yes.. but I will make sure again.

2> have you examined your index with, say, Luke? I've found that a wonderful
> tool for seeing if the data I *thought* was in my index was actually
> there.

Database is too huge.. I will need some time to go through it to look if I
did any mistake while creating indexes..

3> when you say "the same document", how do you know that? The internal
> Lucene ID or some field you've put in the index? This really as another
> form
> of "are you sure you indexed the data once?" because the internal Lucene
> id
> is what you get back from hits.doc(). If you're getting multiple entries
> like that, then I'm lost.

Same document means.. same path of the document say .. same URL miltiple
times.. well its a good point.. I will check if they all have same docIDs..

thanks for your suggestion.