lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "varun sood" <>
Subject duplicate results MultiFieldQueryParser
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 15:14:03 GMT
  I am searching two fields at a time and using MultiFieldQueryParser to
parse my query (method described in In Action book). I noticed that I am
getting duplicate results. The document exists only once in the index
structure but in results its showing the same doucment multiple times with
same same score and also different score.

Basic way I am doing is

String fields[] = null;

fields[0] = new String("field1");
fields[1] = new String("field2");

Query query = MultiFieldQueryParser.parse(Query, fields , new

Hits hits =;

using the above code.. I m getting few documents multiple times. Is there
any obvious reason for this?

Thanks for ur replies