lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Omar Didi" <od...@Cyveillance.com>
Subject RE: spring & lucene
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:13:10 GMT
have a look at spring module 0.3. it has a lucene module which contains many interesting classes
LuceneIndexTemplate, LuceneSearchTemplate, and all kind of factotires following spring concepts.
here is the url to the documentation: http://www.springframework.org/node/270

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Streeton [mailto:mike.streeton@ardentia.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:02 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: spring & lucene

We wrote ours for NetSearch to handle this specific issue. I suggest you
create a holder class to hold the IndexReader and IndexSearcher, this
can close them in the finalizer. Clients keep the holder until they are
finished and then discard it. When it is completely de-referenced it
will be closed. We also remove old indexes this way as well. Create a
factory class for the holder that knows when an index is being updated,
and creates new holders, when the index is not being updated it returns
the same one each time.

Mike

www.ardentia.com the home of NetSearch