lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From muraalee <muraa...@gmail.com>
Subject Browse Functionality
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 05:40:58 GMT

Hi ,
I am looking at exposing a "Browse" like functionality using lucene. Assume
this scenario, a user Browses a Field ( Untokenized one like Book Title )
and he sees a list of "terms" [Book titles ] and their associated doc Hits (
Number of articles / documents this term appears in ). I believe this can be
done bit straightforward.

Here is the twist.  Since all the users don't have access to all the Books,
basically i want to bind the "terms" by a Filter which ensures that they see
only the "terms" that belongs to their subscribed "books".  For search, i
have modelled the above functionality using "QueryFilter", where i "OR" the
query, with the list of Books.

Is there an elegant way to attack this one ? Appreciate your inputs.

thanks
~Murali

Sent from the Lucene - Java Users forum at Nabble.com.