lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw00d <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Any existing query types that support equivalent of "-not interested" ?
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:09:52 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> wouldn't this work?   +interested -"not interested"

Hi Erik.
Yes, sorry brain is disengaged with all the heat here -  my example
wasn't great and my scenario may be more complex than I originally
outlined. I may have 20 different ways of saying "interested" and want
to query for these words - but only if they aren't immediately preceded
by "not", "isn't" or a choice of other negatives. I was looking for
something efficient and succint in SpanQuerys to help.

Thanks for the help
Mark