lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Lock File
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:25:59 GMT

 > When I create an index withe the class IndexModifier in Lucene
1.9.1there is a lock file created on a temp folder.
 > My question is: Is it possible to disable this option?
 > If yes how to procede?

Yes, there is.

You can call the static FSDirectory.setDisabledLocks() to disable
locking entirely.  But you need to be certain this is safe for your
application.  Lucene uses this lock to ensure the index does not become
corrupt when IndexReaders and IndexWriters are working on the same index.

Or, if you want to change which directory the lock file is stored in you
can set this Java property:

    org.apache.lucene.lockDir

Mike