lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Phrase Frequency For Analysis
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:19:49 GMT
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> I think either you missunderstood Nader's question or I did: I belive the
> goal is to determine what the most frequently occuring phrases are -- not
> determine how frequently a particular input phrase appears.

Isn't the latter a pre-requisite for the former ? ;)

Regarding the subject: in many cases when I needed this information I
used a brute-force method (traversing the term positions), and usually
for moderately-sized indexes this was quick enough, i.e. in the order of
minutes or hours. Of course, if you need something as quick as a search
operation, this won't do.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><