lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <>
Subject Re: addIndexes() is taking infinite time ...
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 04:01:04 GMT
heritrix.lucene wrote:
> hi Otis,
> Now this time it took 10 Hr 34 Min. to merge the indexes. During merging i
> noticed it was not completey using the CPU. I have 512MB RAM. and here i
> found it used upto the 256 MB.
> Are there some more possibilities to make it more fast ...

Have you tested how fast the same process runs on different storage
devices?  It sounds like you're bound by IO, and perhaps finding ways to
speed up the storage (RAID striping?) would help speed things up.

Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd
Web:                        Fax: +61 2 9212 6902

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message