lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Volodymyr Bychkoviak <vbychkov...@i-hypergrid.com>
Subject Re: addIndexes() is taking infinite time ...
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:52:27 GMT
I guess that you're adding those indexes one by one..
You should add all indexes at once rather then adding them one by one.
addIndexes() method takes array of directories/readers to add indexes.

IndexWriter performs optimize() after adding indexes, so with your  big
index it can take long enough time.

--
regards,
Volodymyr Bychkoviak