lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ron Parker <sy...@scbbs.com>
Subject luceneweb: 500 Exception with results.jsp "parse(java.lang.String)"
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 01:48:35 GMT
Just installed Lucene 2.0.0, java version "1.4.2_10", Resin-3.0.18.

The test index and query from the command line
(http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/demo.html) work successfully.  I
dropped the lucene.war into my Resin webapps directory and it created
the luceneweb directory.

When I navigate to the luceneweb web application and enter a search, I
get this error:

500 Servlet Exception

/results.jsp:60: parse(java.lang.String) in
org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser
cannot be applied to
(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer)
                        query = QueryParser.parse(queryString,
"contents", analyzer); //parse the
                                           ^
Note:
/var/www/resin-3.0.18/webapps/luceneweb/WEB-INF/work/_jsp/_results__jsp.java
uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
1 error

Haven't a clue as to how to correct.  Could someone please help?  Thanks.

-ron

--
Ron Parker
Software Creations               http://www.scbbs.com