lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Duval <du...@aps.org>
Subject Re: COMMIT_LOCK_TIMEOUT - IndexSearcher/IndexReader
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:07:36 GMT

You're absolutely right, in most cases there would never be a need to
increase the COMMIT_LOCK_TIMEOUT.   In fact, if anything, you would
want to decrease it to prevent wait bottlenecks on a system with a heavy
update load.   In short, it would be nice to have the option to change it
to suit your system if the need ever occurred.   Something to think
about for the future ...

Thanks for the quick response.

Mike Duval

Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> I have never run into this problem, but I'd be curious to know why your system takes
more than 10 seconds to read the segments?  Super-large index on a slow disk?  As for new
ctors, I suppose they wouldn't hurt, if there really is a need for them.  But 10 seconds is
a long time...