lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karel Tejnora <ka...@tejnora.cz>
Subject Re: spring & lucene
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 18:58:50 GMT
Not explict closing can lead especially when is allowed a lot of memory
to JVM but small amount is used that old files will stay on the disk on
linux.
Solution is in using ReentrantReadWriteLock
where the re-open method opens new indexreader at ThreadLocal
accuire write lock
saves old reference to IndexReader to his ThreadLocal
swaps global reference to new one
release write lock
close referenced by old one

if indexer and searcher are asynchronous (they don't know about each
other doing, index reopen is based f.e. on quartz every min or so)
take care about using compound file format - the new segments are
written to 'segments' file before they are created.