lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vinay Yadav <>
Subject Re: PHP and Lucene integration
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:08:25 GMT

Zend Search Framework can help you. Take a look at

  Zend_Search_Lucene is a general purpose text search engine written
entirely in PHP 5. Since it stores its index on the filesystem and does
not require a database server, it can add search capabilities to almost
any PHP-driven website. Zend_Search_Lucene supports the following features:

     * Ranked searching - best results returned first
     * Many powerful query types: phrase queries, wildcard queries,
proximity queries, range queries and more [5]
     * Search by specific field (e.g., title, author, contents)

Zend_Search_Lucene was derived from the Apache Lucene project. For more
information on Lucene, visit

I have implemented it at It works fine -
  though we are still working on optimizing the index.

Hope this helps.