lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vinay Yadav <vi...@vinayras.com>
Subject Re: PHP and Lucene integration
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:08:25 GMT
Hi,

Zend Search Framework can help you. Take a look at
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.search.html

  Zend_Search_Lucene is a general purpose text search engine written
entirely in PHP 5. Since it stores its index on the filesystem and does
not require a database server, it can add search capabilities to almost
any PHP-driven website. Zend_Search_Lucene supports the following features:

     * Ranked searching - best results returned first
     * Many powerful query types: phrase queries, wildcard queries,
proximity queries, range queries and more [5]
     * Search by specific field (e.g., title, author, contents)

Zend_Search_Lucene was derived from the Apache Lucene project. For more
information on Lucene, visit http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/.

I have implemented it at http://www.edoctors.in/search/. It works fine -
  though we are still working on optimizing the index.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Vinay

Alexander MASHTAKOV wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm working on project that is going to have free-text
> search mechanism. The project is completely based on
> open source technologies, such as MySQL and PHP.
> I'm reading about Lucene and think that this is
> probably the first candidate.
>
> BTW, the (obvious) question is: "How to integrate PHP
> and Lucene ?". What are possible ways to solve this
> task ?
>
> Sure, this question was asked a lot of times ... btw
> need your opinion. Any information, advices (cons and
> pros of a given approach), links are welcome.
>
> Thank you a lot,
> /Alexander

Mob: +91 9422113939

Vinay Yadav			vinayRas Infotech