lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Volodymyr Bychkoviak <vbychkov...@i-hypergrid.com>
Subject Re: Compound / non-compound index files and SIGKILL
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:12:02 GMT
In my application I was queuing IDs of appropriate record in Database
not whole document. Document was created right before adding it to
index. All this work was done in separated thread, so other threads
responded very quickly.

It depends on your application and at what speed your new data comes.

If application is killed or crashes then you'll lost all documents that
was buffered in memory  (IndexWriter.minMergeDocs property).

Actually I don't know how JVM's shutdown hooks reacts to different kill
signals. My though is that application should not be killed. :)
Also if you need to enshure that your data is indexed properly then on
startup you can do special check what data was already added to database
but wasn't added to index and enqueue it into queue... But it also
depends...

--
regards,
Volodymyr Bychkoviak