lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: query parser field name aliases
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 00:55:01 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2006, at 5:57 PM, karl wettin wrote:
>> I was thinking it could be nice if the query parser handled aliases by
>> passing a Map to the parser. The data could be compiled from the index.
>>
>> "name", "nam", "na" and "n" all trigger on "name", taking there is no
>> other field starting with an "n".
>>
>> Did anyone implement this, or should I hack one up?
>
> Rather than hacking QueryParser, simply do some regex replaces on the
> string before handing it to parser.  n:karl would get replaced with
> name:karl.  ([a-z]*)\: replaced with the field name that matches $1.

It seems a little more elegant to extend from QueryParser in this
situation.  Override getFieldQuery which gets passed the field name
string, and all you'd have to do is call the method in the superclass
after modifying the field name.  Done, and no regexes required.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd