lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: many many boolean queries
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:21:32 GMT
The tradeoff is that it'll blow up eventually <G>. I have a really hard time
trusting increasing the clause count, since eventually, more
data/terms/something will blow my limit again.

You probably want to think seriously about using a filter, perhaps with a
RegexTermEnum. The folks who really know what they are talking about helped
me out a bunch a while ago, look for the thread "I just don't get wildcards
at all" in the archive.

Note that filters lose ranking information when you use them, as indicated
by the ConstanScoreQuery that you can use filters with.

Best
Erick