lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search within multiple different subfolders
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:57:14 GMT

> Perhaps for privacy reasons? that only specific users should be able to
> search the whole index.
> Is  there a best practice approach to realize this?

Good point. But I still think you could get the same effect with less
complexity by including a "source" tag (to extend the example) and munging
the query to AND in the source tags the user was authorized to see. Of
course I'm not writing the application and everything seems simpler from the
outside, so.....

The whole permissions thing is "interesting", as in "may you live in
interesting times" <G>... I'm sure the issue has been discussed in the
archive, but since it's not something I have to worry about I didn't track
it. You might try searching on "permissions" or similar in the archive...