lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: duplicate results MultiFieldQueryParser
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 15:22:50 GMT
A few thoughts...

1> are you sure you only indexed the document once? If you indexed the same
data multiple times, you'll have duplicate documents, each of which will
have a different Lucene ID (i.e. doc()).

2> have you examined your index with, say, Luke? I've found that a wonderful
tool for seeing if the data I *thought* was in my index was actually there.

3> when you say "the same document", how do you know that? The internal
Lucene ID or some field you've put in the index? This really as another form
of "are you sure you indexed the data once?" because the internal Lucene id
is what you get back from hits.doc(). If you're getting multiple entries
like that, then I'm lost.

Best
Erick