lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Searching is taking a lot...
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:31:55 GMT
On Tuesday 27 June 2006 09:23, heritrix.lucene wrote:
> Hi,
> First of all, thanks for your attention...
> I think i've got the solution.
> Actually earlier, everytime for each query i was creating a different
> searcher object. Creating searcher object was not taking a lot. But
> searching everytime using a new searcher was taking time. So For testing, i
> made it a static one and reused the same. This gave me a lot of improvement.
> Previously my query was taking approx 25 sec. But now most of the queries
> are taking time between the 100 and 800 ms.
> Here also i noticed that the query is taking time only first time. If you
> fire the same query again it takes very very less.
> Can anybody tell me the story behibd this.

That is most likely your operating system's disk cache.

Regards,
Paul Elschot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message