lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From James Pine <general_n...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can't open index
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:53:46 GMT
Hey Thomas,

It looks like your index file(s) are being stored on a
remote file system. Is it possible that the network
connection fails sometimes during your
indexing/searching operation?

If that's not the issue, you mention that you're
creating your index file at the same time that you're
searching it. That's ok, but you can only have one
IndexWriter and one IndexReader accessing the same
index concurrently.

In addition if you're using an IndexReader to delete
documents from an index, you need to close that
IndexReader before opening a new IndexWriter with that
index. The reverse also holds true i.e. if you have an
IndexWriter that is open you need to close it before
opening up a new IndexReader on the same index.

If you're doing a lot of opening/closing of Readers
and Writers maybe it's possible that some
merge/optimizations are taking place during the
indexing process that cause a file not found error?

JAMES

--- WATHELET Thomas